Deal Angling Club 1919

Deal Angling Club
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: What, Where and When?
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:23 am 
Forum Member
Forum Member

Hi Celocant, I think this will fall to you my friend but is there any chance of putting up a bit more info about the Open Championship and the Beach & Pier comps etc.

It doesn't give a lot of info about where to book in, where the weigh-ins take place, what's it all about, sort of general info really.

This ain't a gripe, you're doing a great job with the site and the club, just a request for more info about what is going on.

Also, is it me as I know I'm getting past it but I can't find a way back to the main site once I am on the forum. Am I actually due the funny house with the white coats or do you have to go out of the forum to get back to the site?
Sorry if that sounds a bit vague but so am I!
:roll:

cheers

Post subject: Re: What, Where and When?
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:45 am 

Not sure why you cannot get back onto the main home site page, perhaps Admin could answer that question. However, on my computer I have set the forum in ‘my favourites’ and it only takes a click to access. The main home pages are very seldom altered and if I do need to have a look for an address or phone number then I Google the site name. As a Mod and member I try and post any info that is happening with the club’s future and past events on the forum.

As you are member, you should be informed in a mail shot with the entry forms (previous entrants also get these), rules and times of the British Open and Christmas Beach and Pier festival a little closer to the date. Those dates are on your membership/tidetable card. These two Opens are the annual highlights of the Kent Match scene. With the Open, it is the prestige event to win, however, with that amount of anglers it could be anybodies match. All it takes is one decent fish … which is likely at that time of year. For the heaviest fish the club awards a £1000, likewise for the heaviest overall weight. There are many top quality class prizes plus pools to be won as well.

The Beach and Pier Festival or the ‘Turkey Run’, as it is called, normally gets around a hundred competitors. The club awards turkeys and Christmas hampers to the top 30 anglers. For both of these events the bag labels are handed out on the day or the night before at the club HQ, where the weigh-in is held also. The bar is open and anglers can chat about the prospects … or commiserate on the one that got away. Both of these Opens, like the monthly beach and pier series are open to non members, however, in the monthlies, points are awarded to members for cash prizes at the end of the year.

All of the monthly competitions are signed in at the club house at least an hour before the match with entrants being able to leave to where they want to fish, at the earliest, 40 minutes before the start. I normally wait there until 30 minutes before the start to take entries. Weigh-in takes place at the rear of the club, undercover in the club’s purpose built scales room. The entry fee is £8 which is broken down to 1st,2nd and 3rd heaviest weight, heaviest fish and heaviest flatfish. All monies taken are paid out. The matches normally attract up to 20 anglers and are of three hour duration.

Hope this helps. If there is any other info you require, please ask, I will do my best to answer … or point you in the right direction.

Post subject: Re: What, Where and When?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:27 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

All done, you should see a link at the top left of the page that says back to main site

Cheers

Marcus