Deal Angling Club 1919

Deal Angling Club
It is currently Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Deal Angling Club 1919 Beach comp 23-04-14
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:43 am 
Beach Caster
Beach Caster

One thing I have learned about sea angling over the years is that there are never two days the same and my advice has always been if you find yourself in the right place at the right time fill your boots while you can because they may not been there the next day. Easter Monday was by all accounts such a day at Sandwich and Sandown, I wasn't there but those that were enjoyed some spectacular sport on the rays with Greg Dixon leading the assault with a total of 16 Rays including 4 doubles.
The big question for Wednesdays match was would there still be a ray or two about. Reports were that they had thinned out but that there were still a few coming out, so I also took the decision to head down the bay on the basis it was an early tide and there wouldn’t be too many dogs so a ray in the bag could give a winning weight.
I managed a single dogfish to end up 11th and last. The southern end of the venue stormed the match with dogfish. Luke Hutton won with 11.090k.g. of dogfish, with Ken Withington a very close second with 11.030k.g. Alan Green took third with 4.880k.g. 4th was Martin Jenkins with 4.560k.g. and 5th Joe Croxon with 3.430k.g. Biggest Fish went to Robert Harwood with a dogfish of 860 grams. With no flatfish being caught the flatfish pool went to Alan Green with the second biggest fish a dogfish of 820 grams.