Deal Angling Club 1919

Deal Angling Club
It is currently Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Beach rover match 20.2.2013 results and comments
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:09 pm 

Well the winter’s weather has finally kicked in with a fresh bitterly cold easterly wind and the temperature plummeting to zero. As I dressed for the occasion and put on my snood (yes I said snood) and looked in the mirror … what did I look like. My wife summed me up when she said ‘To be going fishing in this weather you not only look like one but also are acting like one’. I rolled up the snood until it covered my face and left the house. There will be a time (not that long in the future) when I must consider my age and my wife’s concerns.

However, 14 members also turned out to brave the arctic conditions and fished the three hour beach rover match. Sea temperature had not cooled down enough, at 6.5c, to completely deter the dogfish and they accounted for the first four places. Saul Page managed two in his five fish bag at 2.890kg and won. Kirk Watson came second with 1.320k just beating Luke Hutton’s 1.160k. Luke’s dog at 960g was the heaviest fish. A dog in Alan Underdowns bag bought him fourth slot, 900g, and ‘Dogless’ Dave Chamberlain’s shovelful of slugs (try saying that after a couple of shandies) fifth place with 630g. Andy Manning had the heaviest flat with a dab of 150g.

Next 1919 match is March 5th non members welcome.