Deal Angling Club 1919

Deal Angling Club
It is currently Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:30 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 1919 beach match 23.01.2013 results and comments
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:12 pm 

Sometimes the weather gods are unkind to us anglers … and most times they are not in coordination with the BBC weather predictions. Three hours of horizontal sleet and a bitterly cold easterly wind greeted the 17 hardy anglers that fished in last nights Deal Angling Club beach match. Amazingly the sleet started at 7pm and stopped at just after 10pm, the hours of the match, and me not thinking I needed my brolly got a very cold and wet bum.

Most of the competitors had donned their slug hunters’ hats with the thought it was going to be a scratchy match. Yet again it was the occasional dogfish that made the difference. Winner was non member Matt Somerfield with a two dog and a slug bag for 1.470kg, which included the heaviest fish, a dog of 740g. Matt fished the Walmer end of the rover match, which accounted for those dogs that were caught. Local, Andy Manning was second at 1.010kg and he also managed the heaviest flat, which was a flounder of 250g. Close behind Andy was Brian Smith with 910g. Fourth and fifth places went to Graham King and Brian Nicholson with 820g and 740g respectively.

So there you have it, the joys of fishing. Match anglers … I salute you.