Deal Angling Club 1919

Deal Angling Club
It is currently Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: DAC Beach rover 28.11.12 Results and comments
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:58 pm 

There was definitely a touch of winter in the club’s latest beach rover. With A Fresh northerly wind and surf to make things interesting. When I say surf I should have said Hawaii 50. There were some combers that were cresting fifty yards out that looked like three story buildings … however. Fishing the tide up in those circumstances it was very scratchy for us at north Deal and it was left to the majority of the 15 anglers at Walmer to catch.

Saul Page yet again made it look easy … no sea too rough for him. He managed to coax out 24 mixed bits for 4.740kg. Ben Hackett’s codling of 960g helped his mixed bag weight of 3.580kg for second place. His cod was also largest fish of the match. Alan Underdown just wouldn’t be Alan unless his bag didn’t contain dogfish and with their help and some whiting he came third with 2.890kg. Fourth and fifth places went to Dave Andrews’ 2.330kg and Ken Withingtons’ 2.080kg. Ken also had the heaviest flat, a flounder of 270g.

Post subject: Re: DAC Beach rover 28.11.12 Results and comments
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:23 pm 
Beach Caster
Beach Caster

A scratch nights fishing for me not a sign of a dog , well done on the codling Ben.

Many congratulations to Mr Consistency Alan Underdown who has won the Beach championship with a match to spare and has completed the double.
Provisional leading point’s scorers after 11 matches are as follows
Alan Underdown 87
Luke Hutton 63
Dave Andrews 62
Saul Page 61
John Green 44
Tim Flagg 37

The minor places are therefore wide open with 3 anglers in contention for the remaining two spots on the podium. It should be remembered that only the best 10 results count which probably makes Saul favourite as he has no points to drop.

I am going to give it maximuim effort to try and beat Saul for a change at the last comp, i have booked the day off work so i can rest up and try and get in the zone!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:09 pm 

We could always box him in again ...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:44 am 
Beach Caster
Beach Caster

CELOCANT wrote:
We could always box him in again ...

I doubt that would work-Saul has gone up another level since then , since his comeback in May he has fished 10 club matches and had 6 wins, 1 second, 1 third and a fith and I havnt beaten him once.

I think i am on about plan Z

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:51 am 

My only option is to join a club that he's not a member ... and that goes for Alan 'doggy' Underdown as well!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:36 am 
Beach Caster
Beach Caster

We dont want to see you jumping ship Dave

Personally, i think there is scope and possibly sufficient interest for the club to organise a few veterans comps.

I believe a few clubs do this now including one at folkestone and the sussex boys also have a few old foggies comps.

Its a tricky one defining veteren Herne Bay have gone for 55 but i suspect it should be set at 60 which means i have a while to go.

Perhaps a few bait restictions would be in order to level the playing field at veteren level. Alan the dogman is a lucky chap living within walking distance of the snake white beds on the north coast worth a lot of points as the dogs seem to love em.