Deal Angling Club 1919

Deal Angling Club
It is currently Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Pirates Pier Comp
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:25 pm 

Where were the prizes for the Pirates comp bought? … ARRRRGOS of course.
28 anglers in various states of pirates dress, from Captain Jack Sparrow to Mr Smee, fished the Deal Angling Club’s Maritime Festival Pier Comp. The stem did not produce pieces of eight and sizable fish were hard to come by.

If the pirates had to be judged on their performance they would have only got HIGH SEAS. Regardless of every pirate joke known to mankind being told it was left up to Dave Andrews to find a Ballan Wrasse of 270cm to win the event. Second was junior Joseph Grinstead with a pouting of 18cm and third was Dave Chamberlain with another pout of 18cm.

This is the last fun comp of the year and I would like to thank club president Pat Heath and the committee for doing such a good job. Parents and kids really enjoy these ‘fun’ comps and it is a credit to the club on the quality of the prizes that they award. The future of angling is with the new juniors, one of them, Dave Andrews, has the true prospects of becoming a name in the future … keep on practising Dave, you’ll get there eventually.

Attachments:
pirates 2012 003 - Copy.JPG
pirates 2012 003 - Copy.JPG [ 123.09 KiB | Viewed 2934 times ]
pirates 2012 007 - Copy.JPG
pirates 2012 007 - Copy.JPG [ 97.36 KiB | Viewed 2934 times ]
pirates 2012 008 - Copy.JPG
pirates 2012 008 - Copy.JPG [ 101.55 KiB | Viewed 2934 times ]
pirates 2012 009 - Copy.JPG
pirates 2012 009 - Copy.JPG [ 76.89 KiB | Viewed 2934 times ]

Post subject: Re: Pirates Pier Comp
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:54 pm 
Beach Caster
Beach Caster

Great report and pics Dave- not much you can say about the fishing it was dire

A pirate walks into a bar and the bartender says, "Hey, I haven't seen you in a while. What happened, you look terrible!"
"What do you mean?" the pirate replies, "I'm fine."
The bartender says, "But what about that wooden leg? You didn't have that before."
"Well," says the pirate, "We were in a battle at sea and a cannon ball hit my leg but the surgeon fixed me up, and I'm fine, really."
"Yeah," says the bartender, "But what about that hook? Last time I saw you, you had both hands."
"Well," says the pirate, "We were in another battle and we boarded the enemy ship. I was in a sword fight and my hand was cut off but the surgeon fixed me up with this hook, and I feel great, really."
"Oh," says the bartender, "What about that eye patch? Last time you were in here you had both eyes."
"Well," says the pirate, "One day when we were at sea, some birds were flying over the ship. I looked up, and one of them shat in my eye."
"So?" replied the bartender, "what happened? You couldn't have lost an eye just from some bird *beep*!"
"Well," says the pirate, "I really wasn't used to the hook yet"